We are committed to making our site more accessible, and we support the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
Our product directory has been designed to meet the WAI recommendations.
You can view the Ulster Bank website on a wide range of browsers. We have tested the pages of the site with the following browsers:
PC users - Microsoft® Windows 2000/XP or Vista
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 6, 7 and 8
- AOL 8.0, AOL 9.0, AOL 9.1 and AOL 10.1
- Firefox 2.0 to 3.5.x
- Opera 9.2x, Opera 9.5 and Opera 9.6
- Safari 4.x
Mac Users - OS X
- Safari 1.3 to 4.x
- Firefox 2.0 to 3.5.x
- Opera 9.2X, Opera 9.5 and Opera 9.6
If you use an earlier version of Microsoft® Internet Explorer, or Firefox with other operating systems such as Linux, you may also be able to access the service.
Our Bankline and Anytime Internet Banking services need specific configurations. To find out more, visit Anytime Internet Banking.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer – press 'Alt' and the access key letter, then press enter
- Mozilla/Netscape - press 'Alt' and the access key letter at the same time
- Mozilla/Netscape - hold down 'Control' key and then press the access key letter
|Access key letter||Action|
|H||Load home page|
|A||Load accessibility page|
|N||Skip to the main navigation of a page|
|S||Skip to the main content of a page|
On the telephone
Deaf, hearing or speech impaired customers may use our textphone service on freephone 1800 924 615 for queries on any of our services. Please note that calls from mobile phones may not be free.
We accept calls through Eircom's national relay service.
In our branches
Induction loops are available in all our branches, please ask a member of staff.
We can also arrange for suitably qualified sign language interpreters to be present for customer interviews at times agreed with you. (Please bear in mind that this service is subject to the availability of suitable interpreters and we will need reasonable notice to arrange.)
A major part of our continuing improvement programme is providing better access to our branches for our customers. We have carried out a full review of all our branches (both inside and out) to assess their physical accessibility and what we can do to improve them in future refurbishment schemes.
Helping you with your day-to-day banking
We offer a range of services free of charge.
- Statements, letters, information and other literature are available in Braille, large print or on audiotape. With your consent we can record details of your disability and your preferred method of contact. This information is used to ensure that we tailor our services and communicate with you in a way that suits you best. Please contact your branch and tell us how we can help you and we will do our best to meet your needs.
- We can provide large-size chequebooks if they are easier for you to use.
- We can provide templates that make writing cheques and completion of paying-in slips easier.
- We have a user guide which offers step-by-step advice on how to use our cash machines. This guide is also available in Braille, in large print or on audiotape - just ask your local branch for details.
- If you have difficulty keying a PIN number, we can offer a "Chip and Signature" card as an alternative to a Chip and Pin card.
If you require any further information on the services we offer to disabled customers please call our Disability Services Helpline on 1800 334 455 (textphone 1800 924 615). We welcome any suggestions, comments or views you might have. Alternatively please contact your local branch.